The Story of Salvation Bible Study
For Benefactors, Friends, Alumni, & Parishioners
The world has lost its story.
Our secular age has lost its way. We don’t know where we came from, where we’re going, or why we’re here.
This Lent, join us as we dive deep into the one story that matters most: the story of salvation history. This is the story of God’s amazing love that has shaped the lives of countless saints throughout the centuries — and it has shaped our mission in FOCUS these last 23 years.
Invite your SEEK small group and others to join a Lenten small group while participating together in the FOCUS Lenten Bible Study on Salvation History presented by Curtis Martin and Dr. Edward Sri.
- Come away with the “Big Picture” of the Bible
- See the Catholic Faith in Scriupture
- Discover the role they play in the story
- Learn how to share the story with others
Join us. And let’s help give the world its story back.
The Details: Launching Small Groups
WHAT: A 12-week small group Bible study presented by Curtis Martin and Dr. Edward Sri on the big picture of the Bible, followed by option for continued accompaniment and practical training in missionary discipleship in the summer and fall.
WHEN: February 22 – May 10
- Watch live on Monday evenings 6:00 pm – 6:55 pm MST
- May also watch recorded video at a convenient time for your group each week
- Participants tuning in live for the Monday evening sessions have the opportunity for Q&A with Curtis and Dr. Sri
WHO: Benefactors, mission partners, parishioners, pastoral ministry leaders, and our alumni and friends.
WHY: Many of you have expressed a desire to receive some of the training in evangelization and discipleship that FOCUS offers our staff, and we wanted to provide this opportunity to give you that specialized FOCUS formative content and invite you deeper into our mission.
HOW: Free for Benefactors, Friends, and All SEEK21 Participants
- A link will be sent to all registered participants.
- Participants will join the live Monday evening Bible study or view a recorded version they can watch with their group anytime that week.
- After the presentation, participants are encouraged to gather in groups to watch the presentations and discuss together, meeting either in person or over video conferencing.
Post SEEK21 Engagement Opportunities
Lenten Bible Study: Salvation History
- Week 1 (Feb. 22)
- Week 2 (Mar. 1)
- Week 3 (Mar. 8)
- Week 4 (Mar. 15)
- Week 5 (Mar. 22)
- Week 6 (Mar. 29)
- Week 7 (Apr. 5)
- Week 8 (Apr. 12)
- Week 9 (Apr. 19)
- Week 10 (Apr. 26)
- Week 11 (May 3)
- Week 12 (May 10)
At the end of the 12-week study, there is an option to join discipleship groups for practical training.
Build & Send
Mission Training: Discipleship Groups – Late Spring/Summer
- Led by FOCUS staff, approx. 12 people per group
- Training in practical evangelization skills and the way of missionary discipleship
- Participants will receive training in the discipleship articles and receive a Gospel invitation and High Call
Launch Groups: Sent to Lead – Late Summer/Early Fall
- Those who completed the missionary discipleship training will begin leading their own small groups in their hometowns and parishes.