- Which part of the Bible study stuck out to you?
- In what ways does Jacob grasp? How do you grasp rather than receive what God desires to give you? Or in what ways have you attempted to achieve something good, but used the wrong means to do so?
- Have you ever felt envious towards someone that you were supposed to love as a brother or a sister? How can we avoid being envious and instead be grateful for the gifts that God has given everyone, including yourself?
- We see that, when people in salvation history are walking in God’s ways and striving to follow Him, even their failure can be used by God to bring good; however, when people are trying to take things into their own hands and grasp for God’s blessings, their failures set them back from receiving God’s promise. What does this teach you about failure and trust in God?
FOCUS Lenten Bible Study
For Benefactors, Friends, Alumni, & Parishioners
Session 5 - March 22nd - Jacob and Joseph
What to Read for Next Week: Exodus 1-12
A Deeper Dive: The Real Story
Want a more in-depth resource on salvation history? Check out The Real Story by Dr. Edward Sri and Curtis Martin today!
THE TORCH NEWSLETTER
Every week, FOCUS sends out the best resources available to:
- Help you grow in your faith
- Improve your evangelization strategy
- Ignite your community on fire for Christ
Enter your email and sign up for free right now.