- Which part of the Bible study stuck out to you?
- What kind of family did you grow up in (Trustee, Nuclear, Atomistic)? What are some traditions or activities you can do with your family, friends, and/or students to help live as part of the Trustee family of God?
- What does it mean that the Israelites were chosen by God for the sake of others? How might you have been “chosen” by God for the sake of others? Read Luke 12:48. What does it teach about the responsibilities of those, like you, who are chosen by God?
- What are the 3 promises that God gives Abraham? How do they foreshadow the rest of salvation history? (Bonus: give a Bible verse citation for each.) Can anyone in your group come up with a good mnemonic device (memory device) to remember the three covenants (e.g., a rhyme, silly song, etc.)?
FOCUS Lenten Bible Study
For Benefactors, Friends, Alumni, & Parishioners
Session 3 - March 8th - Abraham Part 1
What to Read for Next Week: Genesis 12 - 22
A Deeper Dive: The Real Story
Want a more in-depth resource on salvation history? Check out The Real Story by Dr. Edward Sri and Curtis Martin today!
Every week, FOCUS sends out the best resources available to:
- Help you grow in your faith
- Improve your evangelization strategy
- Ignite your community on fire for Christ
Sign up for free right now!