- Which part of the Bible study stuck out to you?
- In what ways did God’s previous interactions with Abraham, both joyful and difficult, prepare him to respond to God’s invitation to sacrifice Isaac? How can we view God’s interventions in our own lives as preparation for future invitations to trust?
- God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, and Abraham was prepared to surrender his son to the Lord. But the Lord allowed Isaac to live. Have you ever surrendered something to God that God later ended up giving you back? Why does the Lord ask us to surrender things to Him?
- Like Abraham with Hagar, how are you tempted to “take things into your own hands” apart from God’s will? In what areas of your life do you struggle to trust in God’s plan for you?
FOCUS Lenten Bible Study
For Benefactors, Friends, Alumni, & Parishioners
Session 4 - March 15th - Abraham Part 2
What to Read for Next Week: Genesis 25, 27, 37, 41, 50
A Deeper Dive: The Real Story
Want a more in-depth resource on salvation history? Check out The Real Story by Dr. Edward Sri and Curtis Martin today!
THE TORCH NEWSLETTER
Every week, FOCUS sends out the best resources available to:
- Help you grow in your faith
- Improve your evangelization strategy
- Ignite your community on fire for Christ
Enter your email and sign up for free right now.