Next to Blessed Mother, St. Joseph is the most beloved saint in the Church. In honor of his feast day tomorrow, we were going to do his best quotes…
Instead, here are his best titles.*
(My personal favorite, “Mirror of Patience,” is one I’ll be calling on a lot. Ahem.)
* Most titles are taken from the Litany of St. Joseph. This is not a comprehensive list.
1. St. Joseph the Worker
For any kind of job-related prayer intention, he’s your handyman.
2. St. Joseph, Husband of Mary
Husbands, just remember: he was married to the Blessed Mother. If anything went wrong, it actually was his fault.
3. St. Joseph, Foster Father of Jesus
When you think about the fact that his mission on earth was to be a stand-in for God the Father and raise God Himself into an adult man…it’s mind-blowing.
4. St. Joseph, Patron of the Dying
He died in the arms of Jesus and Mary, so…
5. St. Joseph, Patron of the Universal Church
He was the father of the beginning of the Church on earth. Makes sense.
6. St. Joseph, Patron of Fathers
7. St. Joseph, Patron of Travelers
After an spontaneous road trip to Egypt to flee for safety, he should be able to add this patronage to his resume.
8. St. Joseph, Patron of Immigrants
Egypt. See above.
9. Illustrious Son of David
Now we’re getting to the good stuff here.
10. Splendor of Patriarchs
Pretty sure no earthly ruler with an appendage on their name can beat this one.
11. Chaste Protector of the Virgin
12. Zealous Defender of Christ
13. Joseph Most Pure
That’s where the name “Josephite” marriage comes from, after all, and it takes serious holiness.
14. Joseph Most Obedient
He listened to an angel telling him to do something in a dream…twice.
15. Mirror of Patience
He had to be patient, teaching Jesus his craft…I mean, He was Jesus.
16. Terror of Demons
I’m surprised some metal band hasn’t taken this as their band name, because it’s by far his coolest title.
St. Joseph, pray for us!