FOCUS Lenten Bible Study
For Benefactors, Friends, Alumni, & Parishioners
Session 5 - Isaac, Jacob, & Joseph
Verses: Genesis 25:21-34, 27, 29, 37, 39, 41, 50
- Jacob’s family experiences the negative effects of not abiding by God’s plan for marriage. How does a neglect of God’s plan for marriage impact people today? How has it impacted you?
- In what ways does Jacob grasp? How do you grasp rather than receive what God desires to give you? Or in what ways have you attempted to achieve something good, but used the wrong means to do so?
- We see that, when people in salvation history are walking in God’s ways and striving to follow Him, even their failure can be used by God to bring good. What does the story of Joseph have to teach you about trust in God?
Every week, FOCUS sends out the best resources available to:
- Help you grow in your faith
- Improve your evangelization strategy
- Ignite your community on fire for Christ
Sign up for free right now!
Sign Up Now
“All who believe in Christ should feel, as an integral part of their faith, an apostolic concern to pass on to others its light and joy. This concern must become, as it were, a hunger and thirst to make the Lord known.”
– Pope St. John Paul II