FOCUS Lenten Bible Study
For Benefactors, Friends, Alumni, & Parishioners
Session 2 - The Fall: City of God, City of Man
Verses: Genesis 3:1 – 6:4
- The first paragraph of the Catechism reads, “God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life” (CCC 1). How do you see this truth revealed in God’s relationship with Adam and Eve? How do you see it revealed in your own life?
- The devil tempted Adam and Eve to see God as a rival who wanted to restrict their freedom. In what ways do you experience the temptation to deny God’s loving Fatherhood, to exaggerate God’s restrictions or to paint him as a law-giver?
- What kind of family did you grow up in (Trustee, Nuclear, Atomistic)? What are some traditions or activities you can do with your family and/or friends to help live as part of the Trustee family of God?”
Every week, FOCUS sends out the best resources available to:
- Help you grow in your faith
- Improve your evangelization strategy
- Ignite your community on fire for Christ
Sign up for free right now!
Sign Up Now
“All who believe in Christ should feel, as an integral part of their faith, an apostolic concern to pass on to others its light and joy. This concern must become, as it were, a hunger and thirst to make the Lord known.”
– Pope St. John Paul II